|Blackadder II, Episode 1|
|Written by||Richard Curtis & Ben Elton|
|Directed by||Mandie Fletcher|
|Guest stars||Rik Mayall,|
|Original airdate||9th January 1986|
|List of episodes|
"Bells" is the first episode of Blackadder II.
Somewhere in England, a young girl called Kate and her father are in their cottage when he asks her to become a prostitute, so she decides to go to London.
Lord Edmund Blackadder and Lord Percy Percy are practising their archery in Edmund's house when Kate turns up, disguised as a boy and calling herself Bob and asks Edmund if she can become his servant, Edmund promptly fires Baldrick and hires Kate, after a short period of time Edmund and Kate nearly kiss, Edmund, thinking she's a boy, decides to go to the doctor for his 'problem'.
Getting no help from the doctor, Edmund goes to the wise woman in Putney, who gives him three choices,
- Kill Bob
- Kill himself
- Kill everybody in the whole world
Kate eventually reveals herself to Edmund, who proposes marriage to her. Kate makes Baldrick a bridesmaid and Edmund asks his friend Lord Flashheart to be the best man. The wedding day goes fine, but when Flashheart doesn't turn up Edmund makes Percy his best man. Flashheart then turns up, flirts with the Queen and Nursie , before kissing Kate and proposing she should abandon Blackadder and come with him. Flashheart switches clothes with Kate and they run off with each other.
- Rowan Atkinson as Lord Edmund Blackadder
- Tim McInnerny as Lord Percy Percy
- Tony Robinson as Baldrick
- Miranda Richardson as Queen Elizabeth I
- Stephen Fry as Lord Melchett
- Patsy Byrne as Nursie
- Gabrielle Glaister as Kate
- Rik Mayall as Lord Flashheart
- John Grillo as Dr. Leech
- Edward Jewesbury as Kate's Father
- Barbara Miller as The Wisewoman
- Sadie Shimmin as The Young Crone